Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The fun never stops...

Bella...wondering what could be out there...
Although I have been riding less outdoors, I still have been going out about once a week to ride. One night was inspired by my hyper dog Bella, who was really overdue for some exercise. Bella needs to RUN so I hopped on my commuter mountain bike and rode the TART trail from the Boardman Lake Trail to 3 mile rd. It was going so well and I was priding myself for being out in the dark, riding in the snow, on regular mountain bike tires. About 5 minutes later I hit some ice under the snow and went down. I learned not to be quite so confident, slowed down a bit, and did better on the way home. Bella was the happiest dog on the planet that night, so I guess it was worth it.

I hit the pavement on my mountain bike last Saturday and it was a beautiful sunny day out in Leelanau county. Seeing the orchards in the snow was definitely not a perspective I've seen from my bike before. Riding my bike throughout a northern Michigan winter isn't something I had ever thought I would do, but it's growing on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment