Wednesday, February 15, 2012

dreaming of mountain biking...literally.

After a few grueling rides on the trainer last week, this week is officially a "recovery week" for the legs. Which couldn't come at a better time! As soon as my first cold was almost gone, a fresh new virus invaded last weekend that left me hurting yet again. Very disappointing, as the weekend was beautiful and I was looking forward to spending sometime outside downhill skiing with the kids. I have been sick a lot this winter, and need to think more about eating healthier and taking some supplements (or start using hand sanitizer excessively).  Both of my kids have this cold now as well, and spent the day home from school trying to get healthy. I have been really hungry during both of these colds, so I don't even get the slight benefit of some weight loss during these illnesses. :)

I am dreaming about spring lately. I have had at least two dreams in the past month of me hitting the trails on the mountain bike, in which I am riding some great little hills with jumps, bombing down big hills, and cruising along in perfect bliss. I love those trails rides where everything goes just great-conditions are perfect, stamina is great, bike is shifting perfectly...you know those rides. These dreams have been so vivid and realistic, its been great! I know the real thing will be here before we know it. In the mean time, just keep pedaling!

No comments:

Post a Comment